We are seeking a dedicated, energetic and creative person who will coordinate the day-to-day advisor for Trade Compliance, but not limited to receiving and distributing international shipments; advising on international shipping / receiving, supporting the companies denied party screening activities as required, and supporting dangerous goods shipments as requested; and. The ideal candidate will excel in customer service and will embrace the important role they play in supporting the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and safety that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
Trade Compliance Responsibility
- Ensure Issuance of Trade documentation is completed accurately, efficiently and provided to Carriers in a timely manner
- Cross functional support to off-site trade and compliance roles
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies related to Trade Compliance
- Provide effective proactive communication, problem solving and corrective action processes for trade related matters
- Perform recordkeeping and procedural audits
- Maintain trade compliance records, documentation, and logs
- Maintain and execute SAP data integrity audits on all clients
- Support Compliance department on duties as assigned
- Role as on-site Subject Matter support with Trade Compliance matters (i.e. HTS verification, Valuation, Freight Forwarder/Carrier communication, etc.)
- Collaborating with the Client Service team regarding monitoring export shipments and follow up with Carries on Trade delays.
- Work closely with customs brokers and carriers on Custom related issues for inbound and outbound shipments. Provide necessary detail as requested.
- Partner with corporate functions such as Legal, Finance and Tax to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Export Filings -Works with Business Unit / Transportation by coordinating detail for AES filing
- Conduct Denied Party screening for all US and International Customers
- Monitor daily position limits and work with business units to maintain compliance
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting, International Business or Related Field, or 2 years equivalent experience in trade compliance.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within trade compliance
- Technical savvy; proficiency using Microsoft Suite (e.g. Excel and Word) is necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service, time management, interpersonal and analytical skills with a proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong decision making, organizational and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to overcome unforeseen obstacles
Standard General Security Roles and Responsibilities
- Protect company assets, systems, proprietary and confidential information in accordance with arvato Confidentiality policy and Corporate Information Security Policies and Procedures.
- Process personal data, client data and employer business specific data in accordance with customer contracts, company guidelines and federal and state requirements.
- Proactively report actual or suspected ethics and compliance violations, vulnerabilities, security incidents and breaches in the confidentiality, integrity or availability of Information assets as per the Company's Incident Reporting Process.
- Understand and adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to ethics and compliance, and to the protection of Information Assets, integrity of customer transactions, proper and ethical utilization of access privileges and resources provided to perform the role. Fully comply with all provisions of the Company Code of Conduct, Acceptable Use Policy and Confidentiality Agreement.
About our company:
Arvato - the spirit of solutions!
We at Arvato provide a comprehensive range of services and solutions to our business partners in the consumer electronics, high-tech, telecommunication, networking and industrial sectors. With more than five decades of experience and our global footprint we create value for our customers and ensure that they are well equipped for the challenges of their markets.
Arvato is a part of Arvato AG/ Bertelsmann, an internationally networked outsourcing provider. More than 65,000 employees design and implement solutions for all kinds of business processes across integrated service chains, for business customers from around the world. Its portfolio includes all services related to the creation and distribution of printed materials and digital storage media, as well as data management, customer care, CRM services, supply-chain management, digital distribution, financial services, professional and custom IT services, and the direct-to-customer distribution of educational media. Arvato is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA.
Arvato is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.