Shop Technician 3/
Begin your career with the FedEx Team as a Shop Tech and be a part of one of the most well-known and reliable companies in the world.
Provide quality and cost effective repair and maintenance of tractors, trailers, forklifts and other equipment to ensure a safe and efficient fleet of vehicles.
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription insurance
- Disability & life insurance
- Credit association (with Internet & phone banking)
- Direct deposit
- Flex-spending acct for medical and dependent care
- 8 paid holidays annually
- Company paid vacation and personal time
- Tuition reimbursement
- FedEx Freight pension plan
- Stock purchase plan
- 1 yr of experience performing vehicle maintenance or possess/obtain within 60 days, a heavy duty vehicle maintenance certificate from an accredited vehicle maintenance vocational/trade school
- Knowledge of the use and operation of power, trailing and testing equipment, gauges and tools along with late model gas/diesel engines and on-board computers
- Experience using oxygen/acetylene equipment (cutting, heating, bending, fabricating equipment during repair)
- Ability to safely operate vehicles equipped with manual and automatic transmission
- Ability to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
- Basic computer skills
- Class A CDL and ASE certification preferred
Additional qualifications and requirements will be found on the website listed below.
Competitive pay rate and benefits offered including additional $3.50/hour for master ASE certifications.
Interested candidates please apply at:
Search for Job #434123BR.
As a member of the FedEx Corp. family of companies, FedEx Freight is a leading U.S. provider of next-day and second-day regional LTL freight services.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.