The primary responsibility of this position is to follow Auto Group process which results in the successful vehicle purchase and long term customer retention.
Responsibilities described in this section are fundamental to success in this position.
- Follow the process outlined by the management of the dealership regarding the sales process and the interaction with customers
- Make regular customer contacts by the means outlined by management such as floor time, phone ups, mail, and personal visits
- Obtain the training necessary for factory qualifications and the product knowledge for each model sold
- Perform regular and scheduled contacts with previous customers and report the performance to the sales manager
- Take test drives with customers according to management's guidelines for personal safety
- Present to management all offers made by customers to purchase a vehicle
- Prepare and process the required paperwork to finalize the vehicle sale
- Deliver vehicles to customers and process the trade-in as requested by management
- Develop a long term outside prospecting plan and spend time daily generating new clients
- Work to improve personal selling skills
- Enforce safety precautions specific to work area
The requirements listed below are the minimum degrees, certifications, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of this position.
- Valid driver's license
- Previous automotive sales or customer service experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- Sales License issued by Oklahoma Motor Vehicle Commission
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals to perform well, allowing autonomy for staff to work independently
- Ability to maintain an acceptable driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear
- The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- Must be able to pass a drug/alcohol urinalysis and be able to drive a vehicle
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those one may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The travel requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to travel within or outside the area. Travel for this position is infrequent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.