Biomedical Imaging Faculty Position
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
The Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is seeking an open-rank, tenure-track faculty member with research interests related to biomedical imaging, machine learning, radiomics and/or pathomics. The center offers an intellectually stimulating environment for faculty to develop and apply image-computing solutions to highly translational and clinically relevant problems in oncology. The faculty member is expected to lead an independent research program, leveraging Moffitt's vast data resources to accelerate discoveries across the basic, clinical and population sciences at Moffitt Cancer Center. Moffitt is affiliated with the University of South Florida and a University appointment is available in the appropriate rank as applicable. Methodological research in informatics is also expected.
The Department currently has 14 faculty and approximately 27 staff engaged in a wide range of statistical, bioinformatics, and informatics research and collaborations on clinical and biological studies in cancer including novel therapeutic and drug discoveries, prognostic and predictive biomarker developments, chemoprevention, high throughput genomics, proteomics, next-generation sequencing data-based investigations, epidemiological studies, comparative effectiveness research, clinical trial designs, and personalized medicine studies. Many of these projects draw upon Moffitt's Total Cancer Care initiative, which provides access to a comprehensive set of clinical and molecular data on a large number of cancer patients.
The Ideal Candidate:
• We seek candidates who can lead a research program as Principal Investigator in biomedical imaging while also contributing to the many current clinical studies at Moffitt, as evidenced by a history of peer-reviewed publications and involvement in grant supported research projects.
• Preference will be given to applicants with an outstanding record doing team science with experience in biomedical imaging, computational imaging, radiomics, pathomics, and machine learning as it applies to oncology.
• Collaborate on a variety of cancer clinical and hospital-related research projects
• Communicate clearly and openly
• Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
• Maintain a rigorous extramurally funded research program
To apply, visit our website MOFFITT.org/Careers and refer to requisition number #26001
Please be sure to attach your CV and cover letter.
Questions about the opportunity may be directed to the search committee chair, Dr. Dana Rollison at
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Education, training, experience:
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in biomedical informatics, biomedical engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or related field and relevant research training and experience in medical imaging analysis and feature extraction.
Academic rank beyond Assistant Member will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Appointment at the Associate Member rank requires a minimum of five years of experience at the Assistant Member level. The position is tenure-earning. We offer competitive salary and start-up packages