The Regeneron Genetics Center (RGC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company, whose goals are to apply large scale human genetics to identify new drug targets and to guide the development of therapeutics programs and precision medicine. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the RGC specializes in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing, large scale informatics and data analysis encompassing genomics and electronic health records, and translating genetic discoveries into new biology and drug discovery opportunities. The RGC leverages multiple approaches including large population based studies, Mendelian genetics and family based studies, founder population genetics, and large-scale disease focused projects and has developed a network of over 50 collaborations with research organizations around the world. Including some of the largest sequencing studies in the world, such as the DiscovEHR study in collaboration with Geisinger Health System, and an initiative to sequence 500,000 participants with the UK Biobank, the RGC has built one of the largest human genetics databases, including sequence data from over several hundred thousand participants and rapidly growing. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas across all therapeutic areas and the RGC is highly integrated into all facets of research and development at Regeneron. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and providers of collaborating health-care systems, improving patient outcomes, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
The postdoctoral fellow position is for early career scientist trainees to receive a rigorous scientific training at the Regeneron Genetics Center under the auspices of a scientist mentor during a 4-year training period. Fellows will be expected to conduct creative exploratory research that results in publishable data within their fellowship period.
The program will consist of:
• Four years of formal postdoctoral training in a program directed by an award-winning educator
• Exposure to the biotechnology industry's most successful and innovative scientists
• Opportunities to pursue cutting-edge, creative biomedical research in a prestigious, well- resourced, and highly driven industry environment
• Weekly postdoctoral scientist meetings to foster scientific rigor, creative thinking, critical reasoning, and career advancement
• Encouragement of scholarly productivity such as publications and conference presentations
As part of your Postdoctoral Training Program, you will:
• Conduct forward-looking, innovative, and creative research to address a novel scientific question of your choice under the auspices of a scientist mentor
• Publish and disseminate data via external conferences and peer-reviewed publications
• Assist with mentoring and teaching intern and other more junior trainees
• Participate in postdoctoral program activities such as weekly meetings and the annual research conference
• Present data internally, including at lab meetings, trainee meetings, and company wide seminars
• Provide ongoing reports of research progress to supervisors and program staff
Education, training, experience:
• Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline
• Scientists looking for their first or second postdoctoral training
• Superior scientific skills including critical and analytical thinking
• Demonstrated publication success as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interact dynamically and constructively with scientific peers
• Note: occasional travel
Applications Accepted: October 1, 2017 - December 1, 2017
Letter of recommendation are required. (Please find additional details in online application)
Applications received after December 1, 2017 may not be considered.
Following the close date, please allow 3-4 months for review and interviews.
Targeted Start Date: July 2018
If you have an issue submitting or any questions, please email: