- Job Reference: 47827980-2
- Date Posted: 1 December 2017
- Recruiter: Koch Industries
- Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
We are currently looking to fill a full-time, non-exempt Mechanic position in our Coos Bay, Oregon location. This position generally works 4 - 10 hours work days, however, it may require overtime and some weekends. The ideal candidate will demonstrate self-motivation and team building skills along with good understanding of the proper use of different types of equipment.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Troubleshoot and repair rolling stock
* Perform repairs and preventive maintenance on heavy equipment, according to a structured scheduling system while maintaining a clean, safe work environment
* This role will include working with mobile, equipment hydraulics, air and mechanical brake systems, drive train systems, electrical systems, tire and steering systems
What You Will Need:
* Must have valid driver's license and good driving record
* Previous experience as a heavy equipment mechanic
* Computer experience
* Previous welding and fabrication experience
* Must possess your own tools
What Will Put You Ahead?
* AS Degree or Technical/Trade School equivalent
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.